44 Heriot Row, Edinburgh

This project involved the full restoration of a five storey Category A listed town house in Edinburgh’s New Town. Built by William & Lewis Wallace and completed around 1817, 43-47 Heriot Row is part of the Second New Town A Group, a significant surviving part of one of the most important and best examples of urban planning in Britain.
The restoration of this town house included careful conservation and the conjectural intervention restoration of a number of period features and the introduction of sensitive modern interior design to complement the Georgian grandeur.

Michael Laird Architects also fully furnished the house.

[more]

  • 44 Heriot Row 02
  • 44 Heriot Row 01
  • 44 Heriot Row 03
  • 44 Heriot Row 04
  • 44 Heriot Row 05
  • 44 Heriot Row 06

Back to projects

With regard to the exterior, the roof was replaced, along with the full refurbishment of the fenestration including the original fanlight.

[hide]

44 Heriot Row 02