44 Heriot Row, Edinburgh
This project involved the full restoration of a five storey Category A listed town house in Edinburgh’s New Town. Built by William & Lewis Wallace and completed around 1817, 43-47 Heriot Row is part of the Second New Town A Group, a significant surviving part of one of the most important and best examples of urban planning in Britain.
The restoration of this town house included careful conservation and the conjectural intervention restoration of a number of period features and the introduction of sensitive modern interior design to complement the Georgian grandeur.
Michael Laird Architects also fully furnished the house.