Gogarburn House, Edinburgh
Gogarburn House was built in 1811 and extensively modified in the late Victorian period. As an integral part of the headquarters development of the Gogarburn Campus for The Royal Bank of Scotland, it was decided that this group of buildings should be restored for staff use.
In the interwar period, a hospital was built on the estate and Gogarburn House was converted, cellularised and extended to house the nursing staff. It is thought that at this point most internal features were lost. The Coach House and the Stable Block were left to become storage areas and slowly deteriorated. The buildings were listed Category B in 1994; Gogarburn Hospital closed in 1999.