35 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh
It was built in 1769 for Andrew Crosbie of Holm and The Royal Bank of Scotland purchased the house in 1819. James Craig’s competition winning plan of 1767 for a New Town envisaged two squares dominated by fine churches, dedicated to Saint Andrew and Saint George. His plan for St Andrew’s Square was thwarted by Sir Lawrence Dundas who built Dundas House at number 36, subsequently purchased by The Royal Bank of Scotland in 1825.
The building had been underused as offices for some time. Michael Laird Architects have successfully transformed this important house from dated and dilapidated space to become a world class entertaining and function house for the Royal Bank of Scotland.